Saturday 14 January 2012

Cake ideas

Luke and I had a discussion about the cake yesterday.  Since one of the highlights on the day is going to be Florean Fortescue's Ice-cream Parlour after lunch, we don't think we're going to need a very big cake.  Every year I do a massive cake for the boys' birthdays and we end up giving so much cake away to go home AND eating cake for the next 3 days ourselves and STILL throwing out a decent % of the cake - so this year I'm going small, even though we're looking at 30 - 40 kids.

We decided we wanted to keep the cake simple and true to the first movie (even though Luke and I both REALLY want a Monster Book of Monsters cake) we've decided to go with a simple spell book with a wand, scarf and snitch on top.

10 minutes of drawing and colouring and we had a sample of the cake we wanted to take with us when we went cake ordering.  If you're reading this and live in Sydney and you make cakes, please contact me, we'd love to hear from you colkeevy@gmail.com I now have quotes of between $200 and $300 by about 5 different people (an entire day of driving around yesterday from cake store to cake store proved successful).



No comments:

Post a Comment