Wednesday 11 January 2012

A magical Idea is formed

I was lying in bed one night shortly before Christmas 2011 watching the last installment of the Harry Potter movies when a little spark of an idea started forming.  "Luke's 11th birthday in June (6 months away)... I wonder if he'd like a Harry potter party?!"

I ran the idea by Luke the next morning and to say he was "super-duper excited" (his words not mine LOL) was THE understatement of the century. Secretly my mind had already spent HOURS formulating ideas for the party I hadn't even confirmed would be taking place (Yes, I am a self-confessed Harry Potter MANIAC). A quick run-through my ideas with hubby (I told it was happening, not asking him LOL) and that small spark of an idea grew into a 6 month planning session.

I asked hubby for a sewing machine for Christmas and quickly sprung into action buying material and making all sorts of goodies for all the 'intended' party guests.

From here on I'll make specific entries for each item I make with full instructions in case there is any other mother out there crazy like me taking on such an enormous project.


No comments:

Post a Comment